Sunday, May 15, 2016

Day 27

I love it when technology decides for itself what is appropriate.  I watched this photo flip itself sideways.  I've  fixed it in my gallery but.... This gentleman had a stall in the Paris Marche au Puce where I  purchased my gift for Gary.  Ross said I was taken to the cleaners but I think its cute.
 Had a bit of a disappointment  here at Chez Louisette, a restaurant in the Flea Market.  I had my favorite dish here during our last visit, Les Trois Couers, hearts of celery, palm and artichokes.  The music was very french and loud with many singing along, swaying to the music.  The restaurant was extremely busy, very understaffed and we didn't  see anyone working there under the age of 60.  We sat for at least 15 minutes in a corner waiting on menus, another 10 to 15 to place an order during which our server was interrupted to pass out diners to a couple of other people.  Finally got water and bread and during this first half hour requested by two different chanteuses for tips.
 This gentleman and his party sat down, their order was immediately taken, received their aperitif and within 10 minutes their entire order including at least two bottles of wine was delivered and being enjoyed.
 And Ross had not yet received his Heineken.  Then our server came to us not with our meal but with some issue about my moules.  I've  never done this before but at this point got up and left, wasn't willing to wait another 15 minutes or more and be solicited to pay the chanteuses.  And we were not the only party whose meal should have preceded the serving of this party.  Ross said he is ready to return to the states.
We went and had a very satisfying burrito and salad at Chipotles next door to a McDonald's then a Starbucks and then a Hardrock Cafe and one of them was promoting Ben'n'Jerry's.  On our way home we saw a teeny tiny Domino's shop.  Up the street from the flea market we passed a KFC and a Subways.
Inspiration for Lyndel.

No comments:

Post a Comment